Children keep their art work in a folder and have their own sketchbook both of which travel with them throughout their time at this school allowing children to look back and see how their skills have developed over the years and challenges them to improve on their prior learning.
We measure the impact of our curriculum through the following methods:
- Assessing children’s understanding of topic linked vocabulary before and after the unit is taught.
- Ongoing assessment of pupil discussions about their learning.
- Images / photos of the children’s practical learning.
- Interviewing the pupils about their learning (pupil voice).
- Moderation staff meetings where pupil’s books are scrutinised and there is the opportunity for a dialogue between teachers to understand their class’s work.
- Annual reporting of standards across the curriculum.
The impact of the Art curriculum is monitored by the subject leader.