The design and technology curriculum at Binley Woods Primary School gives our children a chance use their creativity and imagination to design and make products that solve real and relevant problems within a variety of contexts, considering their own and others’ needs, wants and values.
We measure the impact of our curriculum through the following methods:
- Assessing children’s understanding of vocabulary before and after the unit is taught
- Specifically teaching meanings of new vocabulary within the subject
- Assessment of pupil discussions about their learning
- Interviewing the pupils about the learning (pupil voice)
- By scrutinising recorded work
- Assessment judgements are made termly and data is saved in our data management system enabling us to monitor progress over time.
- Pupil voice (listening to children discussing their learning) is used to further develop the Science curriculum